Friday, May 18, 2012

Utah!

A few weeks ago we all went to Utah for Eric's brother Jeff's wedding.  Of course I was stressing the whole time about taking my tiny infant on a germ-infested airplane, but we made it without incident!

Jeff and his wife, Brandi, got married in the Manti temple on April 27th.  It was an amazing sealing.  The Sealer was so cute and said some very sweet things.  We're so excited that Brandi is in the family!  I'm hoping that her and I will have lots of fun in Boise this summer.
At the temple.
We left Taylor in the foyer with some temple workers while we went in for the ceremony. She was so good and well cared for.  Before we had even left the entry way to head back to the sealing room, I turned around to find no less than 4 little ladies all circled around her just fawning over her.  They say she just kept her eyes open and looked all around the whole time.  I think that with all those kind ladies dressed in white surrounding her, she thought she was in Heaven again.  :)
Unfortunately, immediately after the ceremony, Taylor decided that she was STARVING and had to be fed THAT INSTANT!  We only got a few photos in with the photographer before I had to go feed her.  Hence, no pic of us with Jeff and Brandi.  :(

Since Eric's family was all in town, and we were staying at Jen's house in Lehi, we decided we should do Taylor's blessing that weekend.  
(Mormons bless new babies to have their names included on Church records.  The father also includes blessings upon the baby as the Spirit directs him)
Unfortunately, we decided this pretty last minute so not ALL my family could make it out... :/  We still got a pretty good turn out though... Grandaddy & Grammy Miller, Grandma & Grandpa Horrocks, Grandma Miller, Jen, Jeff, Ezra, Grandma & Papa Teichert, Aubrey + Kids, Kregg, Andrew, and Hannah.
Grandpa Horrocks with Taylor for the first time.  He kept saying, "I forgot they made them this small!"
We did the blessing at Jen's house on Sunday afternoon.  Eric said the sweetest little blessing for Taylor (she is very loved) and then Jen prepared a whole lunch for everyone.  Yes, Jen did everything... pretty much single-handedly... at the same time she has just started working full-time and has a husband with a broken hip.  Then, I decide to come stay at her house for a week, with a newborn, and then invite everyone I know over for a huge Sunday meal.  Seriously, in this sisterhood, she definitely got the short-end of the stick.  I really need to start pulling my weight...

Here are some pics of Taylor in her blessing dress:
We're so blessed to have such wonderful family and a healthy baby girl.
Life is good.


2 comments:

  1. man u make me sound like a super hero. i wish all of that were true. . . I am excited to see you again. 1 week! Taylor is a mini u. I have decided this after looking at your blessing pictures. I take it you got your package?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sad we weren't there. Taylor looks adorable in her little blessing outfit. We can't wait to meet her (and see you of course).

    ReplyDelete