Saturday, May 19, 2012

2 Month Monster

Taylor is HUGE!  We took her in for her 2 month appointment and she's a whopping 10# 10 oz mammoth!

(We were expecting maybe a 10# even)

Well, here is what she's been up to:

At the blessing, 3 weeks ago, she was wearing newborn sized clothing.  Now, she is barely squeezing into her 3 month sizes.  IN 3 WEEKS!  I told her not to be depressed about going up in sizes.  I told her it's "normal."  She was concerned about accelerating through her wardrobe so quickly though (she really has some cute outfits she's only worn a couple times).  I tried to convince her that it's mostly muscle (using the "muscle weighs more than fat" approach) so that she won't be self-conscience.  This worked for a little while, but the other day, while I was changing her diaper, she noticed a new roll on her thigh, and since has insisted on an all liquid diet.  She was looking into a juice cleanse, but I convinced her we should do milk instead.
She likes to keep an eye on us now.  She'll follow me all around with her eyes (probably to make sure I don't eat fatty foods.  She keeps telling me "A moment on your lips, forever on MY hips!").  

She really does not like it when we're outside and I wear sunglasses.  Good thing we're in Seattle and I don't need them often. 

Sometimes we can get smiles out of her now!  She is most smiley in the morning after a good nights sleep... well... good for HER!

She always has this right hand up... Eric says it's b/c she'll be a basketball player and she's practicing her shot.
Look at this blanket Eric got me for Mother's Day!  I love it!
So Grandma Teichert brought this little bunny out when she came to visit during the bed rest stint.  Since then, it has been sitting on the corner of the pack n play and EVERY TIME I put Taylor in there she just stares, smiles, and talks to it.
 

In current news:
She got a shot at her last Dr appointment.  I had myself all prepared for weeping, wailing, gnashing of teeth, etc.  I was all set to nurse her as soon as it was over and then had a day planned of cuddling and warm bath.  Well, as usual, Taylor completely surprised me.

When the nurse tried to give her the rotovirus (oral), Taylor just spit it out.  Over and over.  I'm pretty sure the nurse got about 1/4 of the vaccine in her.  Nothing she did could get Taylor to drink that stuff.  I'm amazed because it fit with her diet regimen (liquid)!
She has a delicate palette.

Then, when the nurse gave her the injection, TAYLOR DIDN'T EVEN FLINCH.  I'm pretty sure she didn't even know it happened.  So when the nurse asked if I was going to use the room to feed her I said, "I guess not..." and we left.

After I got done bragging to everyone about how AMAZING and TOUGH my daughter was, and took this picture to commemorate the day,

Taylor woke up from a nap and started

SCREAMING!!!

Every time she moved her little leg she just wailed and wailed.  It took all my calming techniques combined to get the tiny one to stop crying.  It was the saddest thing I've seen, yet.  She screamed until she was horse and then just screamed and screamed some more.  We had her on a steady regimen of Tylenol and held her all evening (making sure that leg did not move even a millimeter).

Eventually, after she settled a little (we told her the shot was actually part of the HCG diet), we gave her a deep, warm bubble bath and Daddy got in with her.  She kicked her little legs like crazy (which I thought was good, to get that stuff circulated out of her little thigh) and was pretty happy.  I noticed that Eric had a leg gently resting over her, and when I asked why, he told me it's because she is so buoyant now, it's hard to keep her under any amount of water to keep her warm.  I laughed, but stopped short because I'm pretty sure Taylor had one ear out of the water and heard what we were saying because she started fussing again.

We tried to tell her that this was going to be a good thing.  We're just getting prepared for Lake Powell this summer.  Ya know, just in case the worst-thing-in-the-world-happens and she doesn't have a vest on, she'd float.

She just mumbled something about "child protective services" and "incompetencies."

2 comments:

  1. Um.... I love when you blog! Keep doing it please. And any time you feel so inclined bring that little angel to Wyoming, she's growing up soo fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, I can't believe that she is 2 months already. Wasn't she just resting in your womb yesterday? She is so cute and sounds like she is so much fun. I am so happy for you guys. And yes, please continue to blog. :)

    ReplyDelete