Sunday, May 6, 2012

Our Little Love Bug's Arrival

This post is LONG overdue...

On Friday, March 9th I was allowed to stop taking the meds that were preventing the labor and begin trying to assimilate into society after my bed rest ostracizing.

The next Wednesday was when everything started happening...

I had just come home from a Primary Presidency meeting and was trying to help Eric cook some Cafe Rio inspired chicken salads.  It's probably around 7 PM.  I'm standing in the kitchen trying to contribute to our partnership when I just feel so tight and uncomfortable I HAVE to go lay down.
I'm laying there for a few minutes when I get up to use the restroom and feel something wet.  But it wasn't what you're thinking... it was:
BLOOD!
So I rush out of the restroom and tell Eric,

"We're going to the hospital, NOW!  Just take everything off the stove and I'll grab the bags."

A long story short-

I finally convince the on-call Dr that this bleeding is not normal (by displaying a disgusting trail of blood behind me wherever I go), and they admit me.
I cannot believe my belly was that huge!
Of course, they're trying to get the pain associated with the contractions I'm experiencing to stop, hoping that maybe it will stop the labor (I'm so at the end of my rope with always trying to "stop labor").

After they give me the morphine (yes, MORPHINE), things start to settle until suddenly,
Taylor kicks me so hard
I say to Eric "Whoa, that HURT" and then I feel something like a rubber-band snap inside me and
BAM
MY WATER BROKE!

I tell the nurse I want an epidural ASAP (I had no foolish notions about being a hero).  It's about 12 AM.

I have some of the worse pain imaginable before that epidural gets in, but as soon as it started working I was in such a state of bliss I could not thank the Drs enough.

After about an hour (1 AM) I'm at a 10 and we're pushing. It was very mellow and relaxed, my Dr was great.  Then, at 2:18 AM on Thursday, March 15th:


Taylor Rae Teichert
6 lb 4 oz

3 comments:

  1. Whoa!!! I have been wanting to hear all the exciting details!!! She is beautiful and we are so happy for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute. im in love with her. i want her to come live with me, maybe you could too. congrats shelly and eric

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just realized that Taylor and Ezra almost share a bday! After your pregnancy ordeal I bet that was the best day ever!! You got your baby and you got to be done being pregnant :). I can't wait to meet her. Ollie has been telling me he wants a new baby and today he said he wanted a sister. Maybe Taylor could fill that role for a while :)

    ReplyDelete