Sunday, June 27, 2010

Lake Powell 2010

A couple weeks ago we got the chance to go to Lake Powell with my uncle Scott and his family on their house boat. Here's what you need to know about Lake Powell:

THIS IS MY FAVORITE VACATION, EVER!

We used to go every year, but we haven't been so lucky the past like 4 years!! :( So this year was especially exciting.

Here is the list of this year's crew:
Eric & me
Grandma & Grandpa Horrocks
Mom
Jen & Jeff + EZRA :)
Uncle Scott & Aunt Michelle + Their Kids
  • Charlie - 3 years old (but looks like he's about 5)
  • Grace - actually is 5 years old (& looks age appropriate)
  • Abbigail - 7 years old (but is about as tall as a 5 year old)
  • Emily - 11 (looks age appropriate)
Emily & Grandpa

Here is a list of what we did:
wakeboarding
skiing
surfing (Even got Grandpa to try it! He was a natural.)
tubing
fishing
ATE LOTS OF GOOD FOOD (thanks aunt Michelle!)
read books
slept under the stars
jet skied
harassed children
jumped off rocks
and of course we did some swimming

So my little cousins ended up being the most fun things ever! Eric spent most of the days setting fishing lines for the kids. Lake Powell has mostly Carp :/ so I wasn't too thrilled BUT they ended up catching a lot of Catfish, Bluegill, and even a Bass!

This is a picture of Eric with "his" bass:
He made me take the picture at this angle so the fish would look bigger...
Truth be told though, it was actually these two gremlins that caught the fish, and this is a better representation of it's size:
Grace & Abby (plus fish, which still looks quite sizable)
They were always so excited when there was a fish on... I was mostly grossed out.

One day there was a wicked wind storm so we hung out mostly inside. This is Gracie and I watching Chicken Little - it was really a good movie (as far as kid movies go)... can I admit that here?

This is Eric and Charlie getting ready for a little nap together

This is Abby after a REALLY fun dunking session (for her anyway. "dunking session" = me getting dunked by both Abby & Grace, simultaneously. I soon put on a life-jacket cuz I'm not sure they fully grasp the concept of what happens when you drown). Look at this face:
She is so stinkin' cute!

Grace kept calling Eric her "buddy:"
"Have you seen my buddy?"
and later started referring to herself as "Ariel" from The Little Mermaid so her and Eric would go together. She really liked Eric:
but maybe not quite as much as Charlie did. Charlie refused to get in the water the whole week. He said the water "reeked." hahaha!
He wouldn't even get in with his mom,
BUT ON THE LAST DAY HE DECIDED IT WOULD BE OK TO GET IN WITH ERIC!
Charlie's thoughts:
"No Mom, I do not trust you with my life... but this guy I just met a few days ago with all that scruff... he looks like the embodiment of safety; never mind he was just the only one to jump off that cliff into the water."



This is a fair representation of about how much he enjoyed Jen & my company:

The whole trip was seriously SO MUCH FUN! I want to go back again this summer. I can't even explain how much I love Lake Powell (or how much Eric LOVES to endure looking at me for a whole week without any make-up).

The only sad part occurred when Eric, Jeff & I were "exploring" (Jeff's word) on jet skis and Eric and I may have had a collision WITH EACH OTHER! He T-boned me (Ok, some fault MAY have resided with me, but only like 90%)! Old White didn't fair so well, but Trusty Red pulled through the accident without a scratch. It's ok though, Scott didn't murder us & I think I may have just enabled the final retirement of an ailing machine. However, we are more than willing to provide adequate restitution (be it disposal fees or repair work).

DISCLAIMER: Most remaining pictures in this post taken by little Gracie
(surprisingly, however, most turned out pretty well).

EZRA TIME :)
Ez had LOTS of fun at Lake Powell. He got a nice rocking motion 24/7 & someone was ALWAYS willing to hold him...
even Eric!
my two faves in 1 picture!

Ez with his Great-Grandpa & Grandma. :)
Ez with his Grandma... she's pretty nice, but since she's skinnier than me I can't help but hold some animosity towards her... even if she did birth, cloth, feed, etc, me for the past 23 years.

Lastly, I just want to mention I have the BEST GRANDPA in the whole world. Honestly. I'd be willing to bet large sums that there has never been another one quite as great at this one right here.

3 comments:

  1. Apparently we need to go to Lake Powell again. It sounds like fun was had by all! I love your commentary. I have good memories with your family there, like the summer Jason and I fell in love ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that summer. I think we all remember that trip to lake powell and the nauseated feeling we all had (not from the boat rocking) but the constant contact between Jason and you...I don't think they spent more than five minutes on that trip without kissing, hugging, spooning, hand holding, spooning in a tube, attempting to take cuddle naps together in 95 degree weather with no A/C and whispering sweet nothings in each others ears. :-) Second comment: this is two updates in a month and I love your blog cause it is always really funny to me...sometimes not as funny to big groups of people that i make listen to me read entire posts verbatim but hilarious to me. Third I would also bet large sums of money...fourth while you are all lounging by the pool tomorrow I will be knocking doors in hundred degree heat FML

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww that sounds like so much fun!! I am totally jealous!!! I wish Ben and I could go to fun stuff with family like that! So far no fam events except local birthdays and such! I bet ur grandpa is the best... our family is sorta lacking in the good grandparent department...
    I miss u guys! I hope to see u guys soon!

    ReplyDelete