Friday, July 17, 2009

Birth Control

These past couple weeks Eric and I have gained a little insight to life after children:

First, I discovered a new website: morphthing.com. I decided to morph Eric and myself into a cute little baby... AND THIS WAS THE RESULT:

Definitely NOT the best-looking creature I've ever seen... it better at least have a "great personality" or "sweet spirit."

I convinced myself that maybe this was just an ugly baby? I mean, neither of us were the eseence of cuteness when first born (baby acne and obesity) & we turned out to be STONE COLD FOXES!


So... I morphed us into... like... a teenager?

... and the result can be described in one word: CREEPY. I can't even look at it. It's like one second I see Eric, then I see myself, and then Eric again...

Second, I did some babysitting. The kids were cute, smart, and well behaved but OMG they're a lot of WORK! Now, if you're familiar with my current lifestyle/"occupation" you would understand how any notion of "work" would sound like fingernails on a chalk board to me! Anyway, it was a good time overall, although, FYI, I'm NOT any good at it....Basically, I egg them on and only intervene when the situation becomes life threatening.
EXHIBIT A:
This picture was taken after her first bite and I just let her keep going til it was done... everything was sticky. I will never look at the McDonald's play area the same after I know what goes on in there with the ketchup and the ice cream and the nuggets (all mixed together). :\

Lastly, I basically already live with a two-year-old. He takes naps, makes messes, says the cutest things, and GETS SICK! This week, he got an Ear Infection.
And he was SUCH a little kid about it (I'll admit: I secretly think it's adorable)! I had to make the Dr appts, drive him there and then go in with him, get the medicine, HIDE the medicine so he doesn't take it all when it doesn't instantly make him feel 100% better, and do lots of CUDDLE time when he starts getting cranky in the evening.

Needless to say, we have a new resolve to keep all contraceptives in place, we're currently considering absintance.

4 comments:

  1. that little girl you babysat was cute!! And your future teenager will never be allowed to hang out with our kids. haha jk. i hope eric's ear infection goes away! and I want you to write my blog posts because yours are always so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!!! All of it. ABSTINENCE is best. Jeff and I have been practicing it since you sent us pictures of what our child would look like:) I'm glad we live the same life, just in different states. COME BACK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somebody's kids have to be the ugly grandchildren :) You're teenager really does creep me out. I'm sure in reality you'll have foxy little kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm obsessed with your blog! The teenage picture is totally creepy!! And I love that what you write is exactly how you would say it! Now I have something else to do during class.

    ReplyDelete